ITALIAN BIKE EXPERIENCE
ITALIAN BIKE EXPERIENCE – 6/14 OCTOBER 2019
GRAND FINALE GRANFONDO ROMA – ROME, ITALY
ALL INCLUSIVE CYCLING EXPERIENCE:
Imagine arriving in Italy and not having to worry about anything except for waking up to ride your bike along Italy’s finest routes for 8 days – traversing for 5 days through the Veneto region of Italy and then finishing off the week by adventuring through and around Rome. During our 8 days together you will be treat to a VIP, fully inclusive guided tour through the Veneto region of Italy to some of the Italy’s most magnificent cycling destinations. We like to keep our groups small and interactive – limited to 30 riders.
Gifts & Services Included:
- Use of a Pinarello Dogma
- VIP entry to the famed Pinarello Granfondo
- 4/5 star accommodation for 8 nights: 6 nights in Bassano del Grappa & 2 nights at the NH Giustiniano in Rome
- Cycling kit by Ftech
- Full nutritional support
- Technical support & bike setup
- All meals & beverages with the group
- All transfers
- Exciting gifts
- Daily massage service
- Plenty gelato & prosecco
- Photos & videos of the entire experience
- And more…
- Flights are excluded
Furthermore, you will be able to visit our ASG headquarters, ASG International, where you will be able to see an inside scoop into our SCICON and Ftech facilities. We can also offer you an optional professional bike set-up by the one and only Niklas Quetri at ASG Bike Science – bike fitter of professional riders from teams Bahrain Merida, UAE – Emirates, Michelton-Scott, and many more professional athletes.
NON CYCLING PARTNERS:
Non-riding spouses/partners can book a spouse’s/partner’s package which includes daily transport, meals and accommodation.
Gifts & Services Included:
- Shopping & sightseeing to some of Italy’s favourites. Some of our favourites include Verona, Venice, Sirmione and Lake Garda.
- Meals, drinks & accommodation with the group (sharing with cycling partner)
- Flights excluded
(subject to change depending on weather)
6 OCTOBER – BASSANO DEL GRAPPA
7 OCTOBER – GELATO RIDE
Easy ride ending up with gelato in Bassano old town. From Glamour hotel we will ride along ponte nuovo and through the famous Marostica city. The main square of this ancient city is a big chess table where once every two years a “human chess” match takes place. Then we will climb to Lusiana and stop for a coffee before a fast downhill to Bassano and stop for gelato.
* Time: 2:30
* Elevation: 870m
8 OCTOBER – MONTE GRAPPA
* Time: 5:00
* Elevation: 2850m
9 OCTOBER – VALDOBBIADENE / PROSECCO TASTING
* Time: 3:00
* Elevation: 1080m
* Time: 3:30
* Elevation: 1500m
11 OCTOBER – ROCCA D’ARSIÈ
* Time: 2:30
* Elevation: 750m
12 OCTOBER – REST DAY & TRANSFER TO ROME
In our exclusive ASG vans we will drive to Rome, stopping close to Florence to eat the famous Fiorentina. Once in Rome we will have a special dinner: you need fuel to ride the Granfondo!
13 OCTOBER – GRANFONDO ROME
A unique experience where Ancient Rome will be closed off to traffic and reserved for participants of the Granfondo Roma.
- Ride distance: 120 km
- Elevation: 2.000 m
- More info: www.granfondoroma.com
- Timed uphill segments:
- Panoramica – Trofeo Corriere dello Sport (Albano lake) – length 2,3 km, average gradient 5.9%, maximum gradient 8%.
- Murus (Pope’s fortress) – 1,1 km long, average grade 10.3% maximum grade is 16%.
- Rocca Priora – 6 km long, average grade 6.3%, maximum grade is 13%
- Rostrum – Montecompatri 720m long, average grade 12% and maximum (paveé) 18%.
14 OCTOBER – HOME TIME
Transfers to airport if required.
You can choose between double and single room accommodation:
Double Rooms: this can either have a double bed for couples or 2 single beds
Single Rooms: this room has a double bed for you to enjoy all to yourself!
OUR PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Any extras not mentioned above.
Alcohol not mentioned in inclusions.